NEMO-TOP Developers page


Meeting : October 7, 2010

Present

  1. Madec, O. Aumont, M. Lévy, M. Gehlen, C. Ethé, AS Kremeur, R. Seferian, J. Simeon, James Orr, Momme Butenschon, K. Edwards, P. Testor, L. Bopp, A. Tagliabue, L. Mortier, M. Gehlen, C. Lévy

Short presentation of NEMO-TOP in release v32 of NEMO : https://forge.ipsl.jussieu.fr/nemo/attachment/wiki/TOP_dev_meeting/NEMO_TOP_v32.pdf NEMO_TOP_v32.pdf

Meeting : December 2, 2008

Present

  1. Aumont, G. Madec, C. Lathuillière, MA Foujols, C. Lévy, M. Lévy, C. Ethé, L. Bopp, A. Tagliabue, R. Benshila, L. Resplandy

The meeting lasted two hours.

Discussion

This is the first TOP meeting with Christian Ethé joining permanently the "Nemo system team". Christian's implications are now shared between the "Pôle de modélisation" de l'IPSL and the "NEMO system team". Marina Levy started the meeting by recalling that Christian has been working with us on short term contract since 2004 and that the request for engineer help dedicated to the TOP component of NEMO has a long standing history (see the minutes of the meeting of September, 23, 2004 at the bottom of this page).

We then resumed the meeting by adressing several points:

  • Web site

The NEMO web pages have changed. There are 3 levels of accessibility : Nemo System Team (level 1), Developers commitee (level 2), Users (level 3). Currently, the TOP wiki pages are only accessible to levels 1 and 2. We have decided that the pages should be open to everyone and the NEMO ST should be changing this shortly.

Also, we pointed out that the reference manuals for the TOP component (including PISCES and LOBSTER manuals) were not available anymore from the new website. This should be fixed.

In the users guide cpp Keys, some ??? appear. This has to be cleaned. Christian Ethe will look at it

  • Documentation :

Christian wrote a first draft of an updated reference manual put this was before the release of NEMO v2.3 and the code has undergone a lot of modifications since. We discussed that the TOP reference manual should be at the same level of details than the NEMO reference manual.

The manual should describe the parameterizations in relation with the parameters of the namelists. In particular, it should include detailled information about the temporal integration scheme (which differs from the one of NEMO) and the Smolarkiewicz advection scheme (which is not available for T ans S). It should also include a flowchart. The first stage in writing the manual is to come out with a canevas. Gurvan, Olivier, Christian and Marina will meet some time next Feb (or March) with the objective to agree on a canvas and to distribute the "filling" of the different parts to be written. Marina will send a doodle to fix the date of the meeting.

  • Configurations :

The GYRE-LOBSTER configuration is now implemented under SVN and for NVTK (Nemo Validation Tool Kit). It is available to NEMO users. The description is very short and should be updated by Marina. The ORCA2-LIM-PISCES and OFFLINE PISCES configurations are implemented under SVN but are not yet ready for NVTK: documentation, input are outputs files (for validation) need to be provided by Olivier Aumont.

  • Scripts :

New scripts have been developed at IPSL for the IPSL coupled model (script IGCM). These scripts have been adapted to the GYRE-LOBSTER configuration the by Marie-Alice Foujols, and tested on NEC-SX8 at IDRIS. These scripts are potentially very useful but are not intended to work on every machine: they are currently specifically adapted for the machines in France at IDRIS.

On the other hand, more general scripts are already available with the NEMO package. We all agreed that it would be useful to have to IGCM scripts available but at which level still needs to be discussed in a forthcoming NEMO ST meeting.

  • Trends in the mixed-layer :

The last version of the trend module (including bio trends for LOBSTER) has been implemented by C. Ethe and is now available in NEMO v2.3.Christian has changed the architecture of the trend modules so that it is now possible to activate them in off-lie mode. There are still a number of developments that are needed for the trend module:

o computation of u grad(T) and w grad (T) at the base of the ML (w level): this should be done by C. Deltel in the spring of 2009 o biological trends for pisces: a minimum number of trends (NP, RP, export, grazing) should be implemented by M. Levy and L. Bopp this spring (stage Master) o outputs: trends outputs need to be rewritten with IOM and merged with the outpiuts of T,S trends. This will help cleaning up the trends (redundancy with dia2-3d)

  • outputs with IOM

IOM needs to be tested for TOP before IPCC runs

  • Off-line

we agreed on last year's strategy for the re-organization of the off-line code. The idea of Gurvan is to have the same code for on-line and off-line, but the calls will be different. The two routines that change are opa (for inits: no calls to inits for tra and dyn in offline) and step (calls reading of the fields and does not call tra* and dyn* in offline mode). Call domain will be used in both offline and online (no more reading of mesh_mask.nc in offline). The delicat problem to deal with concerns the optimization of memory (use of ifdef ?)

  • OBC

Laure has implemented radiative OBC for tracers in a working version of the code. This is not going to be implemented in the reference version because radiative OBC will be available after the merge between TRA and TRC. It will be however necessary to add the set-up for the TRC OBC (reading files).

  • Khatiwala acceleration technique:We give up the idea of this acceleration technic at the moment.
  • Merge TRA/TRC

Gurvan has strated to re-writte the code with merged TRA/TRC transport modules. Given that the tagged version has evolved since the work done by Gurvan, his routines need to be regarded as a draft and entirely recoded. they give the general philosophy of how the re-writting should be done. The rewritting concerns:

*

o few details such as key_passivetre is now key_top o there is now one module for each tracer code ( PISCES, CFC, LOBSTER, MYTRC). o Two different modules can be run at the same time. At the moment, an exception is the case of LOBSTER and PISCES because both use the same variable (jpno3). O. Aumont will change the name of these variables in PISCES. It will be very convenient for the developer tool kit to have all the tracer modeles run at the same time (decrease of the number of tests to be performed) o merge between TRC and TRA is almost finished ( not at really, only the advection and lateral diffusion parts ) : possibility not to advect all tracers will be possible with the new organisation. Tracers are now arguments of the transport routines. The merge needs to be validated on T and S. o to do: include initialization within the modules o trends: not finished particularly the MLD trends need some work. o has never been compiled o the code is available under SVN (devpt branch GM0)

2008 Achievements

We then examined last year's priorities and if they have been achieved :

  • implement in the code the module written by Gurvan to allow easy implementation of new tracer models. DONE
  • cleaning of the init. DONE
  • incorporation in the reference of the trend module developed par Charles (with some extra development to allow the trend module to be used in offline). This includes also the LOBSTER routines in F90. DONE
  • implementation in the code of the PISCES routines in F90 DONE *

implementation of the merge TRC/TRA (from Gurvan's version): needs serious testing, in particular testing for T and S first. Needs also to work on the interface for trends diagnostics. TO DO

Priorities for 2009 and after

We updated the priorities discussed during the last Developpers commitee and came out with the following list in order of priorities. Priorities 1 to 6 are planned for 2009 (jan to dec). People in charge are noted in parenthesis.

  1. Configurations under NVTK (Ethé)
  2. Get everything ready for AR5 of IPCC : Reference simulations, Outputs, Scripts (Bopp, Ethé, Talandier, Foujols, Madec)
  3. Upgrade of outputs under IOM (Ethé)
  4. temporal scheme, including trcrad and tracer frequency call (Aumont, Madec, M. Lévy)
  5. reference Manual (Ethé, Aumont, M. Lévy, Madec)
  6. merge TRA/TRC + environment for OBC (Ethé, Madec + Aumont for expertise)
  7. merge trends TRA/TRC for IOM
  8. reorganize off-line (Ethé, Aumont, Madec)
  9. validation Agrif-Top: we are waiting for feedbacks from users

Next meeting is planned in May 2009 before the developers committee.

Meeting : January 18, 2008

Present

  1. Aumont, G. Madec, C. Lathuillière, C. Deltel, M. Lévy, C. Ethé, M. Gehlen, J. Orr, L. Bopp, A. Tagliablue, R. Benshila, JC Dutay

The meeting lasted two hours. Discussion

We started with a review of what has been achieved (or not) since last meeting, and same thoughts of the developments we would like to have in the future.

  • Documentation

Christian wrote a first draft. He should distribute it among us asap for corrections and approval before we distribute it on the NEMO web site.

  • Configurations

The GYRE-LOBSTER configuration is now implemented under SVN. It will be available to NEMO users with the next release. Claude Tallandier has identified a bug in trcrst.F90: the line trb=trn needs to be remove to insure restartability. We all agreed that this was a bug. Two other configurations still need to be prepared and implemented: ORCA2-LIM-PISCES and OFF-LIM-PISCES. O. Aumont is responsible for this task which is first priority.

  • Trends in the mixed-layer

The last version of the trend module (including bio trends for LOBSTER) is in the hands of C. Ethe and is not yet implemented in the reference version.

We identified a number of developments that are still needed for the trend module:

  • computation of u grad(T) and w grad (T) at the base of the ML (w level)
  • unable to save 2D and 3D trends at the same time
  • biological trends for pisces (maybe not necessary)
  • change the architecture so that the trends can be activated in off-line mode
  • outputs: we would like a user interface in order to be able to save only required trends and tracers. To be implemented together with IOM, in a namelist. We still need to decide how to organize this interface.
  • Off-line

we had a discussion about how to re-organize the off-line code. The idea of Gurvan is to have the same code for on-line and off-line, but the calls will be different. The two routines that change are opa (for inits: no calls to inits for tra and dyn in offline) and step (calls reading of the fields and does not call tra* and dyn* in offline mode). Call domain will be used in both offline and online (no more reading of mesh_mask.nc in offline). The delicat problem to deal with concerns the optimization of memory (use of ifdef ?) We agreed on the proposed strategy.

  • OBC:

Laure has implemented radiative OBC for tracers in a working version of the code. This is not going to be implemented in the reference version because radiative OBC will be available after the merge between TRA and TRC.

  • Khatiwala acceleration technique:

We are not convinced that this technic works with PISCES and LOBSTER (high degree of non-linearity). To be discussed with Khatiwala.

  • Surface modules

this is a reminder that different types of surface boundary conditions need to be available, depending on the type of tracer (CFC, C14 ..)

  • Gurvan

In response to a need clearly expressed in the community (Kiel, Brest), Gurvan has strated to re-writte the TOP code in order to make it easier to implement new tracer modules. The rewritting concerns:

  • few details such as key_passivetre is now key_top
  • there is now one module for each tracer code ( PISCES, CFC, LOBSTER, MYTRC). Two different modules can be run at the same time. At the moment, an exception is the case of LOBSTER and PISCES because both use the same variable (jpno3). O. Aumont will change the name of these variables in PISCES. It will be very convenient for the developer tool kit to have all the tracer modeles run at the same time (decrease of the number of tests to be performed)
  • merge between TRC and TRA is almost finished: possibility not to advect all tracers will be possible with the new organisation. Tracers are now arguments of the transport routines. The merge needs to be validated on T and S.
  • to do: include initialization within the modules
  • trends: not finished particularly the MLD trends need some work.
  • compilation ok but no test done yet on this version
  • the code is available under SVN (devpt branch GM0)

Priorities

We then discussed the priorities and organized Christian Ethe work plan:

  • implement in the code the module written by Gurvan to allow easy implementation of new tracer models. This task was rated first priority because it is the weakness of the code that was most mentioned to us, in particular by our collegues in Kiel.
  • cleaning of the init (to be done with O. Aumont)
  • incorporation in the reference of the trend module developed par Charles (with some extra development to allow the trend module to be used in offline). This includes also the LOBSTER routines in F90.
  • implementation in the code of the PISCES routines in F90 (from Gurvan's version)
  • implementation of the merge TRC/TRA (from Gurvan's version): needs serious testing, in particular testing for T and S first. Needs also to work on the interface for trends diagnostics.

The priority for O. Aumont is to prepare the configurations.

  1. Lévy will write a "fiche projet" for Charles to ask for the developement of the trends: u gradT and wgradT, 2D/3D with an application ORCA2/PISCES. Charles should start this work in June.

Our next meeting is planned for June, after the developers commitee.

Meeting : October 10, 2007

Present

  1. Aumont, G. Madec, C. Lathuillière, C. Deltel, M. Lévy, MA Foujols, C. Tallandier, C. Ethé, M. Gehlen

Discussion

  • Documentation

During the previous meeting, it was decided that writting an on-line tutorial was the first priority. Unfortunately, not much has been done so far. This is still the first priority. Christian Ethe is busy until January 2008. Two propositions were made. The first one is to try to find money to pay a CDD for 2 months to do the job (someone very familiar with the code who would have finished his thesis and waiting for a post-doc). Marina will investigate this option. The second proposition is that Christian starts to write a Table of Contents on the IPSL WIKI so that we can at least start to interact on what we want in this tutorial (avalaible configurations, flow chart, how to plug a different biological module, what are the cpp keys for, the namelist parameters, etc.). Another aspect of the documentation concerns the documentation of the Mixed-layer trends module. C. Deltel agreed to do this, current 2008 (his work plan for 2008 is not defined yet).

  • Configurations

We had a long discussion as to whether we should have 2 or 3 test configurations. Our conclusion was to keep 3 configurations: GYRE-LOBSTER, ORCA2-LIM-PISCES, ORCA2-LIM-PISCES-OFFLINE. However, this decision should not be considered as being definitive: it is only a trial, and we are waiting for feedback from the system team to see if it is OK to handle so many tests. Marina, Olivier and Claude are in charge of that. They plan to provide these 3 configurations to the system team by Oct-Nov 2007. These configurations will be provided based on release 2.3.

  • Trends

The trend package written by C. Deltel is in the hands of C. Ethe but not yet in the reference under CVS. MA Foujols and M. Levy will work on this package to incorporate some new dvpts that concern the biological trends for lobster. The new package will be given back to C. Ethe (planned for Oct 2007). We have estimated that it would take one month full time for C. Ethe to incorporate that package into the reference version of the code, starting in jan 2008. Remark 1: Once the new output mechanism is implemented in NEMO, it will be much easier for the user to choose the trends he wants. Remark 2: It is no longer possible to simultaneously save 3-D trends and 2-D vertically averaged trends. That aspect would require further development.

  • Offline
  1. Aumont has done some cleaning and that has been incorporated in the reference (dtadyn for instance). It is not perfect, but the code is improved. Eventually, we plan to suppress the duplicata of routines that appear in the OFF_SRC directory.
  • OBC

No radiative OBC for passive tracers, only sponge layer. This should no longer be the case after the merge between the TRA and TRC modules.

  • Degradation

It would be very useful to implement the "Tracer Transport Matrix" (TTM) acceleration technique (Khatiwala et al. 2005, Khatiwala 2007) and it should not take long. For efficiency, it would probably be best to invite S. Khatiwala to visit C. Ethe at LSCE for a few days in early 2008. Then they could jointly implement TTM in TOP, which may take 2-5 days based on a previous 1-day effort to do the same by A. Oschlies and S. Khatiwala (in Kiel in early 2007).

References:

Khatiwala, S., M. Visbeck, and M. A. Cane (2005). Accelerated simulation of passive tracers in ocean circulation models. Ocean Modeling, 9, 51-69.

Khatiwala, S (2007). A Computational Framework for Simulation of Biogeochemical Tracers in the Ocean. Glob. Biogeochem. Cycles, 21,GB3001, doi:10.1029/2007GB002923.

  • Merge of the TRA and TRC modules

The developers commitee has accepted that the merge be undertaken, and they have given it high priority

  • AGRIF
  1. Aumont is willing to try when he has time.
  • Kriest (remineralization scheme)

This has been incorporated in the reference

  • Permanent position for C. Ethe

We are still waiting for the NEOMI to be open at IPSL. M. Levy will remind P. Monfray of this situation during the upcoming MERCATOR conference.

  • List of priorities

1- Configurations 2- Doc 3- Trends in the reference 4- Merge of TRA and TRC modules

Unclassified: Pisces in F90 (O. Aumont), Merge Pisces/lobster, reorganize the off-line, TTM

  • Next meeting is planned for end of January 2008

Meeting : February 7, 2007

Present

  1. Aumont, L. Bopp, A. Tagliabue, C. Lathuilliere, A.-S. Kremeur, R. Benshilla, C. Tallandier, C. Deltel, C. Ethe, M.-A. Foujols, M. Levy

Excused

A.-M. Treguier, G. Madec, J. Orr, A. Oschlies, P. Riviere, M. Gehlen, C. Levy Minutes

  • what has been achieved since last meeting
  • what has been integrated in the reference
  • discuss priorities of futur developments: in particular

Rewritting LOBSTER/PISCES with modules in F90 Merge LOBSTER/PISCES Merge transport routines for T/S and for passive tracers

Report of the meeting

We have adressed the following topics:

  • Documentation

It was decided that writting a tutorial that would be available on-line is the first priority. The tutorial should be a sort of user's guide. A paper documentation, describing the way transport is performed, should complement the tutorial. Action: Christian Ethe. Dead-line: Tutorial + Table of content of the paper doc should be ready for the next developper's meeting (in May), i.e. right before Christian's departure for Japan.

  • Configuration

Three configurations have been proposed by our group during the previous developper's meeting. A working group on configurations has been designed, and still has to decide which will be the final configurations: this will be presented in May. Note that everybody is welcome to propose configurations on the wiki, and so far only our group has done it. In the mean time, it has been decided to make the configurations GYRE-LOBSTER, ORCA2-LIM-PISCES, OFFLINE-PISCES available The people in charge of the configurations (Marina, Olivier) should send namelist+input files + cpp keys to Claude or Rachid.

  • Trends in MLD

Charles had coded the trends for all advection schemes, for all diffusion schemes and for the SMS in LOBSTER. He is now synchronizing with NEMO_v2. The trends will be incorporated in the reference after that. Warning: nddtrc must be equal to one for trends to work. SMS for PISCES must be coded as well but no one could be identified to do the job. The possibility to save 3D trends has been removed: it needs to be re-implemented, but for that we need to wait for Sebastien Masson who is still working on the way outputs are handled in the code.

  • Rewritting of LOBSTER in modules F90

Charles Deltel will spend the next 2.5 months on this task.

  • Off-line

We all agreed that the off-line code needs some serious cleaning (ghosts routines, dtadyn and so on..). This is the second priority after the tutorial. Olivier will send his new routine dtadyn to Christian. Laurent, Olivier and Marina (LOM) will start working with the off-line code and start listing the problems, and correcting them. Christian will finish the work in September: it is evaluated to 1 to 4 weeks, depending on the progress made by LOM.

  • IOM

Has been implemented for inputs and for restarts by Christian and added to the reference

  • AGRIF

has been developped in successfully tested by Rachid and Laurent Debreu.%% Still needs to be validated on real cases.%% Rachid will put it in the reference and the first user (probably Laure Resplandy) will start testing it.

  • New step, GM

work not done. We have decided not to do it and to wait for the merge between T/S and passive tracers transport routines.

  • Kriest

almost done. Christain said it should be in the reference before the end of the month.

  • s-coordinates:

still not working on the dynamics, therefore not ready for TOP.

  • Merge of transport routines for T/S and for passive tracers

This task was rated priority number 3. Christian is ok to do it but not available before the end of 2007. The conclusion so far is that we all agree that it is important and needs to be done asap. However we are lacking man power to start the work now. Propositions are welcome. Note that we also need the agreement of the NEMO developpers comitee since the task involves rewritting of routines that re part of OCE_SRC and not of TOP_SRC We will propose it to the next developpers commitee.

  • ndttrc

we got suprisingly huge differences when testing gyre R27 with ndttrc=1 and ndttrc=2 Olivier will test with PISCES-ORCA2 on NEMO: this has not been done before. Maybe there is a bug ?

  • rewritting of PISCES in F90 modules

priority number 4

  • merge LOBSTER/PISCES

priority number 5

Next meeting is planned for September 2007. beta-testing with code 1D-offline (Yann and Marina)

what we did to use 1D-offline in config NATL4:

  • change file fait_config in order to use the directories OFF_SRC et TOP_SRC
  • list of cpp keys : key_vectopt_loop key_vectopt_memory key_orca_r2 key_zdftke key_dynspg_flt key_trc_dta key_cfg_1d key_passivetrc key_off_tra key_trc_lobster1 key_trc_diaadd

note that key_dynspg_flt is needed for compilation but has no use

note that key_zdftke is needed for implicit computation of vertical diffusion

note that key_orca_r2 is used although we are not using orca_R2 configuration

  • change the number of grid points in par_orca_r2 : change jpidta, jpjdta,jpkdta to the size of the grid in entree
  • choice of the 1D location is done in routine par_orca_R2
  • change the computation of areacot in trcini.lobster1.h: otherwise divide by zero
  • in dtadyn.F90 , comments on the fields that are not needed in 1D (U,V,W, wind speed)
  • pb when writting restart: we did not solve the pb and avoided it by setting nstock greater then nitend

Suggestions to improve the 1D_OFFLINE code :

  • add an OFFLINE configuration in fait_config
  • dtadyn is too specific. In particular it needs a file for wind speed: maybe this should be under the key_pisces.
  • dtadyn needs also to be more general (the frequency of 12 is coded in hard)
  • parameter nficdyn in dtadyn is not used
  • in 1d, some controls and some reading could be avoided : controls on the advection and lateral diffusion schemes, reading of U, V fields.
  • there is a parameter for the total number of outputs in one year (ndtadyn). In some cases, for instance when there is one data every 6 days,

ndtadyn is not an integer. It would be more convenient to have directly a parameter which tells the frequency of the input file.

there should be some tests to avoid the use of key_dynspg_flt in 1D Dernières évolutions de la version de référence OPA8 traceurs - Aout 2006

Voir Cr ci dessous. Les différences entre les codes ont été identifiées (cf mail C. Lévy du 16 mai). Le schéma choisi est finalement le suivant (Action: C. Lévy) :

  • pose d'un tag sur la version actuelle

updates pour ajouter les fonctionalités du couplage LOOP. Il y a peu de choses, mais du travail de codage car tout a été mis "en dur" en particulier dans OPA_SRC. On ne peut donc pas mettre les updates traceurs tels que car cela modifie alors le code même sans activer les traceurs. Il faut donc ajouter ces modifications en les implémentant sous une nouvelle clef cpp: key_coupled_ipslcm4_loop (à l'exception de la routine p4zsed.F car on retrouvera cette modification pour toutes les versions PISCES).

  • dans tau.coupled.clio.h faire aussi l'implementation de l'interface loop pour le cas mpi (sans la tester)
  • poser ensuite un nouveau tag "loop"
  • ajouter ensuite la version dite "nouvelle version PISCES Olivier" pour péréniser les derniers updates PISCES OPA8.

Compte-rendu réunion du 2 mai 2006: dernières évolutions de la version de référence OPA8 traceurs

Présents: C. Ethé, C. Lévy

On fait le point sur les mises à jour qui restent à faire sur OPA8 traceurs.

Contraintes:

  • inclure dans la référence ce qui est nécessaire pour les utilisateurs qui sont encore sur OPA8 (c'est à dire pas encore sur NEMO-TOP) et qui partagent une version qui évolue
  • ne pas passer trop de temps sur OPA8 qui est aujourd'hui "obsolète" cf. NEMO-TOP

La demande vient à notre connaissance surtout du besoin de partage d'une référence pour les utilisateurs de PISCES en couplé (configuration dite "LOOP" incluant le cycle du carbone dans le modèle Système Terre de l'IPSL).

A notre connaissance, il n'y a pas d'autres projets qui travaillent aujourd'hui avec OPA8 traceurs et qui font encore des updates.

Actuellement, nous identifions 2 sources de modifications qui ne sont probablement pas dans la référence:

  • modifications de la configuration LOOP (Patricia Cadule+ Laurent Bopp)
  • nouvelle version de PISCES (Olivier Aumont)

Actions

  • Christian Ethé récupère ces 2 versions dans des tarfiles (avec si possible la documentations sur les update). Il les envoie à Claire Lévy : semaine du 2 au 5 mai
  • Claire Lévy identifie les différences de chacunes de ces versions avec la référence. Elle fait une proposition sur les updates à prendre dans la référence et comment le faire Diffusion des conclusions à topdev@… : semaine du 9 au 12 mai
  • Retours des inscrits sur topdev attendus jusqu'au 17 mai
  • intégration dans la réference par Claire Lévy (avec l'aide si nécessaire de C. Ethé, P. Cadule, O. Aumont, autres) avant mi-juin

PS: remarque sur l'évolution wiki, cf. CR 19 avril: la nouvelle page wiki TOP est disponible ici depuis le comité de développeurs 2005: http://www.lodyc.jussieu.fr/NEMO/wiki/index.php/DevelopersCommittee avec des exemples de mise en page Compte-rendu reunion du 19 avril 2006

Présents: C. Ethe, O. Aumont, M. Lévy, J. Orr, G. Madec, R. Benshila, Z. Lachkar, M. Gehlen, C. Moulin, L. Bopp

Durée: 2h Nom du code

TOP model est un acronyme pour Tracers in the Ocean Paradigm.

(Paradigm est un synonyme de modèle)

Nous avons mis à jour la liste de Ce qui a été développé et mis au point, Ce qui a été intégré dans la référence, Ce qui est plannifié ou en cours

(cf plus loin Lettre au pôle de modélisation) TODO list

Nous avons decidé d'utiliser ce wiki pour inscrire les evolutions du code dynamique qu'il faut suivre dans une TODO list.

Il faut faire migrer cette page wiki sur NEMO (action Rachid)

Il faudrait aussi reorganiser cette page en sections qui pointent vers des sous-pages wiki : merci à ceux qui disent que c'est hyper simple de le faire

Pour les bugs, il faut utiliser flyspray Doc traceur

Il faut updater la doc sur le transport : action Christian, Marina, Olivier

Les docs de PISCES et LOBSTER existent et sont independantes Configurations

Les 3 configurations que le groupe TOP va demander au prochain developper commitee sont les suivantes:

  • ORCA2-LIM-PISCES
  • GYRE-LOBSTER
  • OFFLINE-PISCES

Le choix des parametres de namelist seront ceux de la config ORCA2-LIM

OFFLINE-PISCES tournera dans les memes conditions exactement que ORCA2-LIM-PISCES Priorités et developpements à faire

  • tendances MLD : action Charles, prévu pour le 15 mai 2006
  • réécriture en modules de LOBSTER ET PISCES : action Charles, prévu pour oct 2006

Contrairement à ce qui avait été initialement prévu, nous avons jugé préférable de faire la réécriture en F90 et en modules de LOBSTER et de PISCES

separement avant de faire le merge. Ceci permettra à Charles de mieux connaitre les codes, ca facilitera le travail de merge.

Il faudrait que la réécriture soit finie avant le depart de Charles au Japon (prévu en octobre 2006).

  • Off-line, interpolation temporelle: action Olivier cet été

Prevoir deux cas: climatologie qui boucle ou serie temporelle de frequence à lire dans la namelist

  • IOM pour input : action Christian

Travail rapide à priori

  • fournir les configs ORCA2-LIM-PISCES et OFFLINE_PISCES à ESOPA: action Olivier
  • AGRIF pour les traceurs: action Rashid, Laurent D., Christian : début en oct 2006
  • Gent et Mc Williams codage en advection et non plus en diffsion: action Olivier cet été
  • New step : codage par Olivier cet été

Olivier testera une partie des schémas d'advection, mais pas tous

  • incorporation du modèle de sédiment: action Christian

Pour tous

Présenter vos résultats et ceux de vos collaborateurs au prochain users meeting (en juin)

M'envoyer de 2 à 4 slides avec vos developpements et vos projets/résultats pour prepaper la présentation au prochain developpers commitee (seront présents: Olivier et Marina)

On se revoit en septembre pour faire le point, en particulier sur les avancées de newstep et de la réécriture en F90. la réunion sera organisée par Laurent !

Lettre au pôle de modélisation envoyé par le CS Pôle

BOITE NEMO-TOP.

* Dernières avancées ou projets techniques du groupe TOP * Ce qui a été développé et mis au point

L'année passée a vu la mise au points de plusieurs chaines sur differentes plateformes (la chaine LOOP à l'IDRIS et au CEA, la chaine GYRE-LOBSTER sur le Earth Simulator au Japon, la chaine MERCATOR-BIONUTS sur les machines de meteo-france, 1D-PISCES, ORCA05-PISCES.

De plus, un module de pre-post traitement (DEGRADATION de la resolution) a été developpé et permet d'amener à l'equilibre certaines simuls. biogeochimiques de facon acceleré (contact . C. Ethé). Ce module fonctionne mais des ameliorations sont prévues.

Un modèle de chute des particules (Kriest) a été developpé et doit etre intégré Ce qui a été intégré dans la référence

Grâce au travail de C. Ethe, de l'equipe ESOPA, et de plusieurs ingénieurs/chercheurs de l'IPSL, une version TOP.1 a été incorporé à NEMO. Bcp de travail a été effectué sur la ré-écriture de la partie transport du code, sur les diagnostiques, …. Ce qui est plannifié ou en cours

  • les diagnostiques de traceurs dans la couche de mélange (action Charles - voir avec S. Reynaud qui a peut-etre avancé la-dessus)
  • ré-écrire du code LOBSTER au format OPA9 en fortran 90 (action Charles)
  • ré-écriture du code PISCES au format OPA9 en fortran 90 (action Charles)
  • merge de PISCES et LOBSTER (action Charles)
  • Plusieurs développements en biogeochimie (incorporation de nouveaux traceurs (Pa, Th, Nd, …) ; ajout de l'aragonite.
  • Mise en place d'un code adjoint pour PISCES en utilisant les outils developpés par l'équipe de S. Thiria au LOCEAN.
  • Mise en place d'un modèle de SEDIMENT indépendant couplé à PISCES en online && offline pour une meilleure représentation de la couche limite de fond de l'océan *

Amelioration de DEGRADATION

* Quelques projets ou résultats scientifiques récents.

la mise en place de la chaine LOOP (PISCES dans IPSLCM4) a déja permis l'obtention de plusieurs résultats

… l'estimation du feedback climat-carbone dans cette nouvelle chaine. (http://mc2.ipsl.jussieu.fr/simules_LOOP.html) … l'impact de la variabilité spatiale et temporelle de la chlorophylle sur la dynamique du Pacifique Tropical.

Next TOP meeting is planned 19 April, 2pm at LOCEAN

  • what has been done in 2005-2006
  • current developments
  • priorities
  • preparation of a presentation of TOP which includes scientific motivations and latest results

charles work plan (April 2006)

  • trends in the MLD for tracers : planned end date May 15th
  • rewritting of LOBSTER : end July
  • rewritting of PISCES merged with LOBSTER: should start in August

Some remarks following ESOPA meeting (March 2006)

We need a TODO list to keep track of the evolutions of the dynamical code that need to be reported in TOP. This list should be accessible to everyone (wiki). So far, this TODO list may content:

  • Agrif for bio
  • IOM: to be tested for bio
  • New step
  • s-coordinate

Some outcomes from the NEMO developers commitee (12-13 May 2005) that concern TOP

As you have noticed, the wiki has switched to English. Welcome to our new readers!

The main development expected for this year is the re-design of the biogeochemical models LOBSTER and PISCES. The objectives of this redesign is to share the functionalites that are commun to the two models (such as gaz exchange, chemistry, sedimentation, C/CHL ratios, and so on). This should 1/ simplify the work of ESOPA to maintain the biogeochemical routines, 2/ facilitate the implementation of other biogeochemical models. Our first idea is to write the fluxes as functions, paramaters and tracers being the arguments. In the function, different parameterizations (for instance mP or mP*P for mortality) will correspond to different options in the namelist. We want to organize a work meeting in jan-fev 2006 in order to decide the architecture we will give to the ecosysteme codes. Mike Bell suggested to contact people involved in Quest, working with green ocean or ersem, people from the met office: Pascal Riviere, Andy Watson, Corinne Lequere, rosa.barsiela@… and Icarus Allen (jia@…) will be contacted soon by Marina Lévy.

Some people of our group need to be involved in the other working group defined by the developers commitee. This concern in particular the working group on I/O, the working group on Configurations and the working group on Writting the Documentation.

On other issue to be discussed is how to deal with the diagnostics in TOP. Saving all Biological and Dynamical trends require a lot of memory, but not all trends are needeed. The situation now is that we either save the trends or not save the trends. Is there a technical way to allocate memory such that the user decides what trends he wants to solve ? Also, it would be very convenient to have the choice between saving the transport trend or the advection trend. 15 mars : La liste de diffusion topdev@… est créée comme liste fermée. Pour le moment les inscrits sur la liste sont:

abdelali.elmoussaoui@… abdelali.elmoussaoui@… christian.ethe@… foujols@… gurvan.madec@… laurent.bopp@… marina.levy@… marion.gehlen@… olivier.aumont@… opatlod@… orr@… zouhair.lachkar@…

Claire la boite "TOP model" du pôle de modélisation de l'IPSL et du comité des utilisateurs OPA.

Participants à ce groupe au 2 mars 2005

  1. Lévy (animatrice et correspondant LOBSTER), L. Bopp (relations avec le pôle modélisation), O. Aumont (correspondant PISCES) , M.A. Foujols (relations ingenieurs modélisation IPSL) , C. Lévy (ESOPA), A. Elmoussaoui (CDD Mercator), Z. Lachkar (These LSCE), J. Orr (relation LSCE), C. Ethe (CDD Mersea), G. Madec (relation LOCEAN-DYCOS), C. Deltel (ingenieur LOCEAN), C. Tallandier (ESOPA), R. Benshila (ESOPA).

Compte-rendu reunion du 2 mars 2005

Présents: C. Ethe, O. Aumont, M. Lévy, J. Orr, G. Madec, A. Elmoussaoui, C. Tallandier, R. Benshila, C. Deltel, Z. Lachkar Durée: 3h… merci de votre patience! Nom du code

Un nom a finalement été adopté pour le modele traceur : il s'agit du TOP model (Tracers and Ocean Plankton). Merci de l'utiliser dans vos futurs documents. Faire remonter l'info au pole modélisation (action L. Bopp). Méthodes de developpement

Le constat de départ est que la façon que nous avons de préparer les développements et de les faire suivre à Esopa n'est pas optimale. D'autre part, le temps de réactivité d'ESOPA est long (typiquement de 3 semaines à 3 mois) par rapport aux développements (typiquement 1 par semaine en ce moment). Nous avons identifié que le problème venait en partie de l'utilisation non maitrisée de CVS par les developpeurs, et en particulier du fichier mod.def. Par exemple, lorsque qu'Olivier a recuperé son code, mod.def n'était pas positionné sur la derniere version à cause du couplé IPSL. Il faut documenter l'utilisation de mod.def et indiquer quelle est la commande pour extraire sous CVS la version qui doit servir à intégrer les développements (action ESOPA)

Pour les developpements à venir, nous avons décidé de la stratégie suivante :

  • OPA9 : on s'inspire de ce qui a été fait pour la version beta de OPA9. On ne taggue pas TOP le 2 avril avec le reste de OPA9. On vise à etre pret pour tagguer fin juin. Les développeurs partent de la version 0 qui est la version du 1 mars 2005. On crée une liste de diffusion (trcdev) pour les developpeurs du code traceurs (action Claire). Chaque update ou bug est envoyé sur cette liste en utilisant le formulaire bug_report. Olivier va envoyer les premiers update (pbs rencontrés à la compilation de ORCA2_LIM_PISCES), et Zouhair les routines pour les CFC. ESOPA mets sous CVS à leur rythme. Quand c'est fait, les développeurs doivent repartir de la nouvelle version enregistrée par ESOPA pour vérifier les intégrations.
  • OPA8 : ca concerne essentiellement les utilisateurs de POMME. Pour ne pas interferer avec LOOP, et parce que cette version OPA8 est en fin de vie (mais pas le projet POMME) les nouveaux developpements de LOBSTER seront incorporés sous un clef key_trc_lobster_dev. La version 0 est la version en attente cad celle qu'aura enregistré Claire une fois recu les fichiers d'Olivier (action: Claire et Olivier, urgent). A noter que l'absence de réponse de Patricia (pour LOOP) concernant ce point a été interprétée unanimement comme un accord par le groupe.

A faire

On continue à avancer pour rattraper le retard. Nous sommes parti du dernier CR.

à faire dans le mois qui vient:

  • envoie config ORCA2-LIM-PISCES + doc (Olivier)
  • enregistrement 8.2 par ESOPA (Esopa)
  • recenser les utilisateurs par la news letter (Esopa)
  • envoie routines CFC (Zouair)
  • passer OPA9 en off-line (Olivier + Abdelali)
  • test mpp on-line et off-line mono/biproc sur ORCA2-LIM-PiSCES (Olivier + Abdelali)

à faire en avril :

  • test mpp biproc/quadriproc (Abdelali)
  • utilisation des dev d'Abdelali par Zouhair
  • contact entre Abdelali et Marina ou Anne-Sophie pour tester mpp sur LOBSTER-GYRE

Pour les tests mpp en général: ajoutter les termes de somme dans zone de controle pour les termes source/puit comme cela est fait pour la dynamique (parametre ln_ctl)

on oublie:

  • modifs PRISM
  • config OFFLINE pour OPA8

Config standard OPA9

Nous pensons que les configs standard à mettre en place pour OPA9 sont :

  • ORCA2-LIM-PISCES
  • GYRE-LOBSTER
  • OFFLINE-ORCA2-CFC
  • EEL5-AGE

Le benchmark sera GYRE+PISCES Les options pour la dynamique seront à discuter dans un autre cadre (réunion ESOPA) Organisation du travail entre LSCE et LOCEAN

Le LSCE va embaucher un CDD pour 4 ans qui deviendra peut-etre un CDI sur le long terme. Ce CDD est embauché dans le cadre du projet Européen CARBO-OCEAN (impliquant Marion G., James O, Laurent B. et Cyril M. du LSCE). Nous esperons qu'une partie du travail de ce CDD pourra être d'assurer le suivi de TOP (surveillance des évolutions de la physique et des diagnostiques du code OPA et adapation à TOP). Ce travail est estimé à 3mois/an. Notre groupe va envoyer une lettre de recommendation pour la candidature de C. Ethé (action Marina). Le cahier des charges de ce CDD est en cours d'elaboration au LSCE, mais il est fort probable qu'il ne pourra pas prendre en charge des développements hors contexte par rapport à CARBO-OCEAN (LOBSTER, forage, etc..).

Charles Deltel va commencer par travailler sur les diagnostiques dans la couche de mélange et dans la couche euphotique (pour T, S et les TR). Puis il sera chargé du merge entre LOBSTER et PISCES. Une réunion est prevue le mercredi 11 mai pour définir le cahier des charges relatif à ce merge (concernés: Olivier, Gurvan, Charles, Christian, Marina). Un des objectifs est la mise en module et la réecriture en F90. Christian estime ce travail à 6 mois. Liste des developpements à faire pour traceurs OPA9 (jan 2005) :

  • tester mpp
  • ecrire le off-line
  • faire l'update LOBSTER1 vers LOBSTER1-CO2
  • mettre en commun des parametrisations de LOBSTER et de PISCES
  • calculer les tendances moyennes dans la couche de melange
  • optimiser la sauvegarde des tendances de transport
  • mettre en standart l'optique retroactive sur la dynamique
  • inclure une parametrisation en quota pour la photosynthese
  • permettre des simulations 1d definies en tant que zoom d'un 3D
  • permettre des runs 2d horizontaux à partir de topex et seawifs
  • inclure le modele de forage
  • à plus long terme (1 an) : ajouter le modele LOBSTER2

Bilans fait et reste à faire (jan 2005):

1- ce qui a ete fait :

Marina

mise en place de la config eel6_lobster_co2 pour opa8.2 envoie a esopa sous forme d'un tar file debut decembre doc preliminaire de lobster_co2 et envoie de cette doc a esopa debut decembre. doc corrigée (jan 2005) ecriture d'un document sur les besoins ingenieurs specifiques biogeochmie pour DYCOS (Fiche projet), et envoie a Gurvan Madec le 10 dec. reactualisation de cette fiche fin janvier 2005 Claire

OPA8 : intégration des updates traceurs - et plus spécifiquement PISCES - envoyés par O. Aumont, cf archive orcalist@… http://hermes.lodyc.jussieu.fr/pipermail/orcalist/2004-December/000084.html . A cette occasion mise en évidence d'un défaut de méthode: les développements envoyés ne partaient pas de la dernière version. OPA9: intégration de la première référence de la composante traceurs envoyée par C. Ethe cf archive opadev http://hermes.lodyc.jussieu.fr/pipermail/opadev/2004-November/000119.html Zouair

implementation du code du traceur CFC dans la version OPA9 Online du modele.

simulation test des CFC dans OPA9 pour les deux config1) ORCA2+46niveaux vert. 2) ORCA05+46niveaux vert.

2- ce qu'il reste à faire :

Marina

modifs pour l'oxygene suite discussions avec L. Memery reflechir au merge lobster/pisces diagnostiques dans la couche de melange (comme cela est fait pour T et S) Claire

OPA8 : mise à jour des configurations traceurs de référence. Priorité 1 : ORCA2_LIM_PISCES = le forcé correspondant à LOOP. Action: Claire en attente des fichiers qui doivent être mis à disposition par Olivier Aumont OPA9 : mise en place de la configuration traceur de référence Zouair

1ere simulation de validation (pour le traceur CFC): comparaison OPA9 ONLINE (monoproc.) # OPA8 ONLINE (monoproc.) 2eme simulation de validation : comparaison OPA9 monoproc. # OPA9 multiproc implémentation d'autres traceurs transitoires dans le OPA9 : carbone "nucléaire" 3-actions en cours

Marina et Anne-Sophie

mise en place de la config gyre-lobster sur opa9 tests mpp sur gyre-lobster Claire

définir mieux comment les updates doivent être préparés par les développeurs (action : ESOPA + développeurs concernés) tests sur la référence OPA9 traceurs dans la configuration GYRE (Anne-Sophie + Marina ?) Zouair

implementation du traceur CO2 anthropique (pour des simulations de perturbation) dans le modele OPA9 Traceur. Comparaion des simulations CFC OPA9 Online # OPA9 Offline . Compte-rendu reunion du 20 octobre 2004

Présents: C. Ethe, O. Aumont, L.Bopp, M.A. Foujols, C. Lévy, M. Lévy, J. Orr, G. Madec, A. Elmoussaoui, C. Tallandier

Objectifs : classer par ordre de priorité les actions à mener pour etre "à jour".

OPA8.2 :

enregistrer sous CVS les bugfixes (transport, offline) et updates (pisces)

envoyés par Olivier à ESOPA, + config ORCA2-LIM-PISCES + doc (que doit envoyer Olivier) : action ESOPA

envoyer les modifs PRISM à ESOPA (Olivier)

  • creer une branche pour mettre ces modifs
  • attendre les retours de Corinne

mettre en place la configuration EEL-LOBSTER-CO2, le code LOBSTER-CO2 et la doc associée

envoyer à ESOPA qui enregistrera sous CVS

mettre en place la configuration OFFLINE-ORCA2-AGE

envoyer à ESOPA qui enregistrera sous CVS

phaser avec version couplée climat-carbone (fait pour le off-line, à faire par Patricia pour le on-line) Pour le off-line, vérifier que la relecture des forcages du couplé IPSLCM4 est opérationnelle Recenser les utilisateurs via la newsletter

OPA 9 :

test que le code tourne sans les traceurs (Christian) envoie par Christian de ses developpements à ESOPA

(transport+pisces+lobster)

enregistrement du code par ESOPA sans configuration Zouhair et Anne-Sophie peuvent recuperer ce code pour leur travail de these Zouhair fait un premier test de validation : ORCA2-CFC

comparaison OPA8 mono/ OPA9 mono puis OPA 9 mono / OPA9 multi

retour d'updates à ESOPA

Anne-Sophie fait le test GYRE + LOBSTER en mono / multi (avec l'aide de Claude) preparer les configurations OFFLINE_ORCA2_AGE, ORCA2_LIM_PISCES, OFFLINE-ORCA2LIM_PISCES

action : Abdelali et Olivier, lieu : Brest, timing : 15jan-15fev. retour du code offline et de la config OFFLINE_ORCA2_AGE à ESOPA retour des updates pisces sur OPA9 à ESOPA retour de la config ORCA2_LIM_PISCES à ESOPA

faire l'update LOBSTER + CO2, + mettre en place la config associée (GYRE-LOBSTER-CO2) Un nom pour le code traceur : James a proposé TOPAS (prononcer topaze), mais bcp d'entre nous etaient deja partis : "Tracers in the OPA System" (Ca me plait, et vous ?)

Bilan : il manque des mains sur TOPAS. Action : crier !

au LODYC : Gurvan, etablir fiche projet à partir des projets scientifique de l'équipe au LSCE : James, commencer à faire remuer les choses avec comme objectif d'obtenir un CDI pour dans 3 ans. à l'IPSL : Laurent, pour les runs IPCC Relevé de décision reunion du 23 septembre 2004

Présents: O. Aumont, L.Bopp, M.A.Foujols, C. Lévy, M. Lévy Objectifs: faire le point sur la composante biogéochimie du système OPA, identifier les étapes et le calendrier des évolutions, préparer Trouville, faire le point sur le personnel technique pérenne autour de tout ca. Les axes : les projets de recherches (cf les participants à ce wiki), PRISM (C. le Quéré), le modèle Système Terre de l'IPSL où on ajoute le cycle du carbone et donc la composante biogéochimie marine maintenant (L. Bopp), Mercator

Cela fait trop longtemps que pour les traceurs biogeochimiques, le travail se fait en pointille : Marie-Alice Foujols (1 an en 1998), Elodie Kestenare (6 mois en 2000-2001), Robinson Hordoir (3 mois en 2003). Nous avons pris un retard considerable.

Cela se voit au niveau du couple IPSL ou l'on insere le carbone : il n'y a pas de simulation de base, pas de reference validee.

Cela se voit au niveau des theses qui demarrent : la biogochimie n'a pas du tout suivi les avances du code dynamique. Sur OPA9, le modele biogeochmique LOBSTER n'a pas ete valide, la version off-line du code traceur n'est pas encore re-code.

Cela se voit au niveau des portages qui n'ont pas ete effectues, de la parallelisation qui ne fonctionne plus.

Il y a besoin urgent d'un grand coup de collier (temps complet sur 1 an), puis d'un travail de suivi sur le long terme (mi-temps). Le travail doit se repartir entre ingenieurs des equipes de recherche et ingenieurs de l'equipe systeme OPA, en coordination avec le pole de modelisation de l'IPSL (Marie-Alice Foujols souhaite y participer activement).

Plus precisement, nous avons besoin urgent de personnel ingenieur pour rattraper le retard. La perenisation des developpements sera assur par l'quipe ESOPA, mais cela ne pourra se faire qu'un fois le retard rattrape. Nous avons egalement besoin de personnel ingenieur pour integrer les nouveaux dveloppements, et eviter que le retard s'accumule a nouveau.

La position de principe est la suivante. ESOPA est en charge de: -codes OPA versions 8.2 et 9

  • transport de traceurs
  • PISCES
  • LOBSTER + CO2
  • AGE
  • OFFLINE
  • configurations perennes pour OPA 8.2

o ORCA2_LIM_PISCES o OFFLINE_ORCA2_AGE o EEL6_LOBSTER_CO2

  • configurations perennes pour OPA 9

o ORCA2_LIM_PISCES o OFFLINE_ORCA2_AGE o GYRE_LOBSTER_CO2

C'est dire qu'ESOPA assurera pour ces codes et ces configurations

  • portage, optimisation
  • suivi de l'evolution des parametrisations du code physique
  • revalidation apres chaque evolution du code

Le pole de modelisation de l'IPSL (P. Cadule, M.-A. Foujols) est en charge de la configuration IPSL-CM4-LOOP (qui tourne avec PISCES)

Pour permettre cela, il faudrait que les codes et les configurations existent. Voila le bilan ce jour de ce qui existe et de ce qu'il manque pour arriver ces objectifs :

Existant :

  • code OPA 8.2

o transport de traceurs o PISCES o LOBSTER o AGE o OFFLINE

  • code OPA 9

o transport de traceurs o PISCES

  • configurations OPA 8.2

o ORCA2_LIM_AGE o OFFLINE_ORCA2_P3ZD o EEL6_LOBSTER

  • documentation OPA 8.1 (!!) pour le transport et l'offline
  • documentation succinte PISCES et LOBSTER

Manques :

  • code OPA 8.2

o update PISCES o bugfixes OFFLINE o CO2 pour LOBSTER o suivi PRISM (on en est resté au CR de la réunion PRISM du 11 février 2004 o phasage avec version couple climat-carbone

  • code OPA 9

o LOBSTER + CO2 o mise en commun routines LOBSTER/ PISCES o OFFLINE

  • simulations necessaires a ces developpements avec OPA 8.2

o ORCA2_LIM_PISCES o OFFLINE_ORCA2_AGE o EEL_LOBSTER_CO2

  • simulations necessaires a ces developpements avec OPA 9

o ORCA2_LIM_PISCES o GYRE_LOBSTER_CO2 o OFFLINE_ORCA2_AGE o EEL_LOBSTER_CO2

  • documentation OPA8.2, OPA9 pour le tout

Le travail de l'ingenieur serait donc dans un premier temps de combler ces manques. Dans un deuxieme temps, il s'assurera de suivre et d'integrer les developpements des equipes de recherches, et d'assurer lui-meme certains de ces developpements

  • mettre en place un catalogue sur le web pour garder trace des

developpements et configurations qui ne sont pas maintenus par ESOPA (1d, 1d+lobster+assimilation, 2d+topex+chl, 2d+forage, pomme+lobster, …)

  • documenter, nettoyer, et rendre ainsi utilisables les codes adjoint et

lineaires tangent qui existent pour LOBSTER-TRACEUR

  • re-ecrire en partie le modele sedimentaire pour l'integrer a PISCES
  • portage sur earth simulator de GYRE+LOBSTER
  • mise en place d'un outil pour pouvoir, partir

d'une simulation dynamique 3D, coupler en off-line avec de la bio en 1D et faire de l'assimilation de donnees pour estimer les parametres du modele bio.

  • suivi des nouvelles versions de PISCES

En conclusion, pour les traceurs, nous aurions besoin d'un ingenieur plein temps sur 1 an, puis mi-temps sur le long terme (ce qui reviendrait remplacer le mi-temps d'Elodie Kestenare), presentant les competences suivantes

Logiciels: Fortran, visualisation, outils de dveloppement (cvs, shell, …), vectorisation, optimisation, paralllisation Calculateurs: NEC SX5 SX6, Fujitsu VPP, IBM SP4, grappe de PC, … Systeme: UNIX, Linux et autres Des connaissances en biogochimie marine serait un atout supplmentaire trs appreci. Dans le cas contraire, des notions de biogochimie devront etre aquises, et un interet pour cette disciple est jug necessaire. Des connaissances en circulation ocanique, transport et modeles inverses seraient aussi des atouts. Capacite d'analyse, autonomie, dynamisme, experience du travail en equipe, sens du dialogue avec des scientifiques et des informaticiens, sens des responsabilits, qualite redactionnelle capacite d'organisation, de classement d'un ensemble de taches par priorite.

Les interlocuteurs de cet ingenieur seront : -les chercheurs de l'equipe DYCOS pour elaborer les taches de developement et leurs priorites -les ingenieurs de l'equipe ESOPA, et plus generalement ceux du pole de modelisation de l'IPSL, pour elaborer ensemble les choix techniques et methodes de travail

Historiquement cette fonction avait ete remplie au LODYC par un ingénieur à mi-temps sur 2 fonctions.

Il faut prendre quelqu'un de motive par les developpements de code, par la biogeochimie, et qui restera un moment. Pour valoriser le travail de cette personne, elle pourra etre associee des etudes particulieres si c'est ce qu'elle souhaite, ou bien faire des missions en mer, des sejours sur le Earth Simulator au Japon, ou autre. compte-rendu de decision reunion esopa du 5 mai 2004

il faut tagger la version OPA9 - traceurs - pisces mise au point par Christian le plus rapidement possible, meme s'il reste encore des choses a faire. une semaine de travail (semaine du 3 juillet) prevue Olivier/marina pour tester lobster sur opa9, introduire les dernieres modifs de lobster (carbone et oxygene, stage Anne-Sophie) introduire les dernieres modifs de pisces, utiliser un max de routines communes entre lobster et pisces. On partira de la version taguee, et on preparera une nouvelle version taguee. On voudrait tester que lobster et pisces tournent sur orca2 et sur eel. Marie-Alice et Marina laisse tomber pour l'instant les tests mpp/traceurs sur opa8, car ca devrait marcher sur opa9. on ne touche donc plus a opa8 au niveau traceurs/bio (sauf bug-fixe) ? a ce propos, bug trouve par L. Bopp sur offline (trop de fichiers ouverts/fermes) : l'info est-elle montee a esopa ? pas encore, a faire visite de Abdelali Elmoussaoui au lodyc ( 25 mai 2004)

Adbelali travaille actuellement sur contrat MERSEA au LEGOS pour l'instant, il s'occupe de faire tourner OPA8 off-line avec les sorties MERCATOR sur le VPP de meteo-France une fois que cela fonctionnera (echeance prevue : septembre 2004), il s'occupera de porter le off-line sur OPA9

pourquoi ce portage

  1. OPA9 est beaucoup plus performant en temps calcul
  2. c'est OPA9 qui est choisi pour Mersea
  3. les futures developpements de pisces et lobster vont se faire sur OPA9

ce developpement sera integre dans le systeme OPA par l'equipe ESOPA (echeance jan 2005?) quelques bugs et remarques (Olivier Aumont, 25 mai 2004, Marina Levy sept 2004)

offline:Le tableau mbathy (numero du niveau de fond) n'est pas rempli. Ceci pose probleme pour bbl, et la sedimentation dans pisces. offline:Le calcul des pentes à la base de la couche de mélange n'est pas à jour par rapport au code dynamique. PISCES: il ya un bug sur la sedimentation de la calcite et de la silice biogénique sur mbathy. il conviendrait de revoir certaines routines de transport pas du tout optimisees (lesquelles ?). Les bugfixes, je m'en charge, mais pas avant une quinzaine de jour. uniformiser pisces et lobster : rajouter cunit=1 dans trcini.pisces.h (unites mmole lobster/ mole pisces) liste des besoins urgents pour les traceurs (sept 2004)

tagger la version opa9_online_pisces mise au point par Christian tester la config opa9_eel6_lobster, et verifier qu'on a bien les memes resultats qu'avec opa8 choisir deux configs pour opa9 : orca2+pisces, eel6+lobster codage de l'off-line sur opa9 (action A. Elmoussaoui) mettre en place sur le web un catalogue des configs (1d, 1d+lobster+assimilation, 2d-topex+chl, pomme, front, etc) recuperer les documentations recentes de lobster et pisces et les mettre sur le web incorporer les developpements de lobster (co2+o2) dans opa9 uniformiser lobster et pisces pour ne pas dupliquer des routines qui font la meme chose corriger les bugs recenses par Olivier Aumont faire le point OPA9/OPA8/PRISM recuperer les codes adjoint et tangent de lobster-traceurs re-ecrire en partie le modele sedimentaire pour l'integrer a PISCES liste des besoins de routine pour les traceurs (sept 2004)

suivre les developpements du code physique, et les incorporer pour les traceurs s'assurer de la portabilite du code faire suivre le code traceur quand on change de version pour le code physique pour le code PISCES, suivre et recuperer les differentes versions (coccolitho, particules, dms, …) liste des besoins associés à un projet pour les traceurs

projet submeso (double gyre) : portage sur earth simulator de opa9+lobster projet submeso : mise en place d'un outil pour pouvoir, à partir d'une simulation dynamique 3D, coupler en off-line avec de la bio en 1D et faire de l'assimilation de donnees pour estimer les parametres du modele bio. projet Bionuts : integrer PISCES / LOBSTER à Mercator. Passage a OPA9. Utilisation de MPP. projet CARBO-OCEAN : nouvelles versions de PISCES. Intégration au modele couple de l'IPSL. propositions de noms pour le code traceur

TIPTOP : Tolls for Integration and Programmation of Tracers in the Ocean Passively

ou Tolls for Integration and Programmation of Tracers and Organisms Passively ou Tolls for Integration of Passive Tracers and Organisms Planktonic ou Tolls for Integration of Passive Tracers and Organic Particules

CASITA : Composante pour l'Articulation de Simulations Integrant des Traceurs Autonomes CASITON : Composante pour l'Articulation de Simulations Integrant des Traceurs et Organismes Nectoniques PLANKTOS : "errant" en grec COUSTO : Composante d'OPA pour l'Utilisation et la Simulation des Traceurs Oceaniques

Last modified 10 years ago Last modified on 2010-10-09T22:59:17+02:00

Attachments (1)

Download all attachments as: .zip