Use of ORCHIDEE and associated Policy
see policy under the ORCHIDEE web site http://labex.ipsl.fr/orchidee/index.php/you-orchidee
- Main principles: Internal Fair-use policy.
- What should you do when using a given version ?
- Using a Branch: CONTACT the branch responsibles !
- Using the TRUNK / A specific Environment-feature / A ref simulation: CHECK the model contributors table (link below);
Depending on the features / options that your study will benefit from you need to contact the main responsibles in the model contributors table; If you are unsure please contact for the Energy budget (either Frederic, ...?), the Water cycle and snow (either Agnes, Jan, Catherine), the Carbon cycle (either Nicolas Viovy, Philippe, ...?), the Nitrogen cycle (Nicolas Vuichard),..
- Model Contributors: use this document(working version 23mars 2016) for proper citations, acknowledgement and potential co-authorship around scientific & technical features, drivers, tools and ref simulations. Private page to edit the table(you must log in to access this page)
- What should you do when preparing a paper ?
- SEND an email to all developers (orchidee-dev@…) to inform on the objectives of the study and the model version that will be used (wether the Trunk or a Branch).
- FILL the table "Intended studies" gathering all proposed studies (link below)
- When submitting: SEND the paper to all developers for information (orchidee-dev@…)
- What should you do when writing a project proposal that will use ORCHIDEE ?
- SEND an email to the core project team (orchidee-projet@…) to inform about the project at submission.
- SEND an email when the proposal is accepted.
- Intended Studies Page: Private page to declare all intended studies (you must log in to access this page)
- Recommendations to all
- Permanents: Always remind that CDDs face very difficult conditions to find long term position; => Make sure they are properly rewarded for their contributions (during & after visit)
- CDDs: Keep in mind all the support you got & the effort that has been put into the overall model environment; => Devote time to help the integration of your developments into the TRUNK
- Everyone should try to contribute to the TRUNK
- fair-use-policy-orchidee_functionalitystudies-workingversion23mars2016.pdf (193.7 KB) - added by jgipsl 13 months ago.
Download all attachments as: .zip