Skilled (#3) - [tides] Setting up a Barotropic tide forcing NEMO configuration (#54) - Message List
I am trying to setup a barotropic regional model configuration using NEMO, Vertical grid is sigma coordinate with 51 levels. The model forcing includes the tides at lateral boundary boundary and tide potential.
To begin with,
- Model initial temperature and salinity are kept constant.
- Also linear EOS is used with zero thermal and saline coefficients.
- SBC is set to direct flux formulation with all zero forcing. (Later I wish to add the wind forcing).
Meanwhile, I wish to have expert guidance to sort out a few more issues such as
- Can we swtich off the tracer (temp, salinity) computation in the NEMO barotropic mode. or we need to include them with a constant value everywhere in the domain.
- Can we swtich off the vertical parameterisation. Or is it advisable to use constant vertical mixing (key_zdfcst) with zero coefficients.
- Some tips on disabling the computation of 3D primitive equations in the barotropic setup.
Thanks in advance Bijoy