GROUP and Objectives

  • Implicated persons : Nathalies DN, Devaraju N., Philippe C., Philippe P., Nicolas Vuichard, Natasha MacB, Sebastiaan, Sushi P., ...
  • Projects : CMIP6, ECVLCOVER, LUC4C and ERACLIM2 at least.
  • Objectives / roadmap : Prepare the land cover map changes with the 13 PFTs for the past (back to 1500) and for the future (CMIP6 scenarios), using ECV-lcover product for current Land Cover and CMIP6 rules for natural vs anthropic changes provided by G. Hurtt.
  • Main "developers" : Devaraju will do the year to year reconstructions from G. Hurtt products; Natasha will provide from ECVlcover project the current land Cover map for ORCHIDEE PFTs; Other will contribute scientifically.

Meeting of the 17 September

  • Persons: Nathalie, Devaraju, Natasha, Catherine, Nicolas, Philippe
  • Objectives: discussion on how to use the CMIP6 land use information data provided by G. Hurtt (natural vs managed) and the recent ECV-lcover land cover map to derive yearly ORCHIDEE PFT maps for past and futur simulations
  • Actions:

Devaraju will reconstruct the PFT historical maps using the ECV-lcover map and G. Hurtt historical data. First comparison of GH map for the year 2000 with the ECVlcover map has been derived by Dev comparison GH versus ECVlcover

We need to gather in order to possibly revise the cross walking table that allows to convert the FAO land cover classes into ORCHIDEE PFT fractions

Meeting of the 8 October

-Persons: Nathalie, Devaraju,Philippe, Catherine

-Objectives: Discussion on the differences or the potential biases (regarding bare ground, etc..PFT_Maps_ORCold_ORCnew.pdf).

-Summary of the meeting by Philippe:

We need to organize a meeting with the "interested" people from ORC group to discuss specifically the Cross walking table. For that meeting, Dev will prepare a series of Maps comparing different maps (ORC-AR5, GHurtt data, ECV-test1, ECV-test2,..) for major LC types (forest, bs, grass, crops, ...)

Remark on the maps: The affectation of grassland (id= 130) to a significant percentage of bare soil is probably not adapted for ORCHIDEE given that when the LAI is low there is indeed a large part of that PFT that become bare soil..

For the objective we propose: 1) Natasha should send to everyone the excel file corresponding to the last modification she made to account for Catherine's fraction (from CO paper);

2) Nathalie will use this excel table and provide a new one based on her LC expertise (ECV-test2).

3) Natasha should then redo the maps (running the cross-walking tool) with the proposed table of Nathalie but also she should include now two additional PFT: cities and lake (corresponding to LCC lines 190 and 210); This will help Nathalie and others to valorize these 2 additional PFTs. Note that for ORC we will need a final step that will reallocate Cities and Lake to current ORC PFTs (maybe at the same time than the split between C3 and C4). 4) Dev will make the different colored maps.

5) Nathalie and Philippe find a date with the key people: Nathalie put first a doodle with her dates and then we (us 5) complete; We then restrict the doodle to the dates that we have in common and PP propose this doodle to the rest of the group.. The objective is to have the meeting in November (latest).

Last modified 7 years ago Last modified on 10/09/15 16:38:01

Attachments (6)