What is POST_IT ?
POST_IT is a complementary package of SAXO. The main goal is to visualize models' outputs in a
simple manner with a limited knowledge of IDL.
What's new ?
- Mid-November 2007 : Add some modifications from Eric's version
- End of November 2007 : If you dowload the last version of SAXO, take the last update of POST_IT for
the routine nc_read.pro (structures varcontient and contient do not exist anymore)
- End of January 2008 : Add some new modifications from Eric who started to play with the svn version.
- March 2008 : Creation of a tag v1.1.1 for the revision 79 before major changes in the reading data procedures.
To get this tagged version, just type the following command
svn checkout http://forge.ipsl.jussieu.fr/post_it/svn/tags/v1.1.1 POST_IT
- Beginning April 2008 : The new reading routines have been implemented. It should simplify new developments.
Now, it is possible to read 3D data from atmospheric grids (one condition : initialise with the file and not with grids_*.nc)
Get POST_IT ?
First, you have to install SAXO : Have a look on http://forge.ipsl.jussieu.fr/saxo/
Second, load POST_IT (the first version is available):
- If you are a regular user (non developer) :
svn checkout http://forge.ipsl.jussieu.fr/post_it/svn/trunk/ POST_IT
- If you are a developer with a login on the forge machine:
svn checkout svn+ssh://email@example.com/ipsl/forge/projets/post_it/svn/trunk/ POST_IT
We are trying now to make a wiki documentation (available since January 2008). Of course, it is not complete: Documentation
Formerly, there was a pdf presentation (this one was just a draft and won't be improved): How_to_use_post_it.pdf below.
About SVN, trac
If you are a developer in the project and if you want to know more about SVN (commit, status, update...), download the file SVN-Book_version1.2.pdf below.
Another good wiki page to help start a project on the forge machine using svn, trac... :
POST_IT project team
Eric Guilyardi (author, developper) (LOCEAN)
Michel Kolasinski (project-owner, co-developper) (LOCEAN)
Other members : ...
Special thanks to Olivier Thauvin and Francoise Pinsard for the help provided on trac, svn and the use of the forge machine.