About this document
This chapter provides background information about this manual.
Table of contents
Here is a long story to tell Jessica in front of the fireplace...
Once upon a time, there was a group of researchers living without light and without computer (this was a very, very, long time ago). One day, out of despair, the group of researchers decided to ask for help. They contacted a group of engineers and technicians and together they constructed...
2. Current version
This document has been entirely revised and checked by the working group of the IPSL Climate Modeling Center on February 14th and 15th, 2013, at Centre Port-Royal at Saint Lambert des Bois during a retreat organized by Anne Cozic and Josefine Ghattas. The following people took part in the retreat: Patrick Brockmann, Patricia Cadule, Arnaud Caubel, Anne Cozic, Sébastien Denvil, Christian Ethé, Laurent Fairhead, Marie-Alice Foujols, Josefine Ghattas, Sonia Labetoulle, Olivier Marti, Yann Meurdesoif and Françoise Pinsard.
This document has been designed using the wiki functions of the Trac application.
The following macros and plugins were added :
- NoteBox to create message boxes
- PageOutline to create the table of contents on each page
- Toc to create the table of contents between pages
- NumberedHeadlines to manage the numbering of the headers
- Acronyms to automatically create a glossary
- Wikinfo to display the last modification date
- Wikicss to manage a stylesheet used by all pages (wiki:Doc/wikicss?)
- SectionEdit to edit one section at a time
Visit http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/plugin for more plugins.
3.2. Assembling the book
The pages were assembled into a book using the WikiPrint macro. It is called by the admin page of the Trac server.
3.2.1. HTML version
- html version 3.0 created from the wiki pages.
- A HTML document has been created from the wiki pages. It is stored on esgf/thredds@ipsl.
- Pay attention to the UTF-8/ISO coding.
3.2.2. PDF version
- pdf version 3.0 created from the wiki pages.
- A pdf document has been created from the wiki pages.
- The figures must be in jpeg format only.
- The Runchecker diagram is available here (DocYgraphvizLibigcmprod), the jpegs created here (.).
3.3. New server
In 2014, the documentation have been move to a dedicated project: http://forge.ipsl.jussieu.fr/igcmg_doc
A lot of work has been done by N Carenton to repair pdf and html building tools.